Since 1995, the Arizona Smokers’ Helpline (ASHLine) has provided free evidence-based tobacco cessation services to all Arizonans, regardless of insurance status. Due to anticipated budget reductions and the need to create a sustainable quitline, ASHLine will no longer provide access to free counseling services and nicotine replacement therapy beyond April 1, 2020 to privately insured individuals.
To ensure that privately insured individuals who contact ASHLine to quit smoking continue to receive ASHLine services, or are directed to services that may be available to them outside of ASHLine, the Arizona Center for Tobacco Cessation welcomes an opportunity to develop public-private partnerships with insurers and employers.
The Center is fully committed to developing partnerships that:
- Align with the mission and vision of public and private partners
- Tailor services to meet the specific needs of your members, employees, and their dependents
- Deliver effective, evidence-based, cost-saving services to your bottom line while improving the health and wellness of individuals and communities across the state
- Generate a return-on-investment of 4.2 based on ASHLine’s program costs and annual per smoker averted medical costs
- Provide a reasonable alternative for employers who charge a premium differential for employees who use tobacco
- Support delivery of education and training directly to your workforce to systematize screening for tobacco use and referral of individuals to tobacco cessation services
To schedule time with you to discuss options for partnering with us, please complete the Contact Us form on this page and we will reach out to you right away.
Mark Martz, PhD, MPA
Director, Arizona Center for Tobacco Cessation
Mel & Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health
University of Arizona