Welcome to the Arizona Center for Tobacco Cessation
To develop and implement comprehensive tobacco cessation strategies, with statewide partners, to reduce the adverse health and economic impacts of tobacco in Arizona.
An Arizona that cultivates and pursues health equity for all.
The Arizona Center for Tobacco Cessation (ACTC) serves Arizona through its core mission to develop and implement comprehensive tobacco cessation strategies to reduce the adverse health and economic impacts of tobacco. It houses the Arizona Smokers’ Helpline (ASHLine), Tobacco Cessation Training Institute, Office of Public-Private Partnerships, and Office of Research & Evaluation.
ACTC serves Arizona by:
- Providing comprehensive, evidence-based tobacco cessation services to individuals, healthcare providers, health systems, and employers to help them meet their tobacco cessation needs
- Providing education and training on tobacco cessation and technical assistance for referral development to local health departments, healthcare providers, health systems, and employers
- Collecting, synthesizing and disseminating data to inform individuals, health care systems, policymakers and employers about the physical harms and dangers of tobacco use and nicotine dependence and the physical, emotional and economic benefits of quitting
- Developing public-private partnerships with insurers and employers to expand service reach and establish cost-sharing revenue streams to sustain the Center over time
- Supporting research and innovation to inform academic knowledge within the field of tobacco control and advance novel solutions to improve outcomes